Customer Privacy Notice - Louwrens koen Attorneys
Customer Privacy Notice
This Notice explains how we obtain, use and disclose your personal information, as is required by the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPI”).
At Louwrens Koen Attorneys we are committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure that your personal information is collected and used properly, lawfully and transparently.
This Notice sets out:
- Who we are
- What information we collect
- To whom we disclose your information
- How we safeguard your information
- Your rights to access and correction of information
- Changes to this Notice
- How to contact us
1. Who we are
In this Notice, “Louwrens Koen Attorneys” or “we” refers to one or more of the websites in Louwrens Koen Group that operate in South Africa.
2. The information we collect
We collect and process your personal information mainly to provide you with access to our services, to help us improve our offerings to you and for certain other purposes explained below.
The type of information we collect will depend on the purpose for which it is collected and used. We will only collect information that we need for that purpose.
We collect information directly from you where you provide us with your personal details, for example when you purchase services from us or when you submit enquiries to us or contact us. Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us and what information is optional.
We also collect information about you from other sources as explained below.
Website usage information is collected using “cookies” which allows us to collect standard internet visitor usage information.
3. How we use your information
We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected or agreed with you, for example:
- To provide our services to you, to carry out the transaction you requested and to maintain our relationship;
- To confirm and verify your identity or to verify that you are an authorised user for security purposes;
- For the detection and prevention of fraud, crime, money laundering or other malpractice;
- To conduct market or customer satisfaction research or for statistical analysis;
- For audit and record keeping purposes;
- In connection with legal proceedings.
We will also use your personal information to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or industry codes to which we subscribe or which apply to us, or when it is otherwise allowed by law.
4. Disclosure of information
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers who are involved in the delivery of services to you. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with these privacy terms.
We may also disclose your information:
- Where we have a duty or a right to disclose in terms of law or industry codes;
- Where we believe it is necessary to protect our rights.
5. Information Security
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorised access and use of personal information. We will, on an ongoing basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information is secure.
Our security policies and procedures cover:
- Physical security;
- Computer and network security;
- Access to personal information;
- Secure communications;
- Security in contracting out activities or functions;
- Retention and disposal of information;
- Acceptable usage of personal information;
- Governance and regulatory issues;
- Monitoring access and usage of private information;
- Investigating and reacting to security incidents.
When we contract with third parties, we impose appropriate security, privacy and confidentiality obligations on them to ensure that personal information that we remain responsible for, is kept secure.
We may need to transfer your personal information to another country for processing or storage. We will ensure that anyone to whom we pass your personal information agrees to treat your information with the same level of protection as we are obliged to.
6. Your Rights: Access to information
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. To do this, simply click here to review your personal information or contact us at the numbers/addresses listed below and specify what information you would like. We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing details of your personal information.
Please note that any such access request may be subject to a payment of a legally allowable fee.
7. Correction of your information
You have the right to ask us to update, correct or delete your personal information. You may do this by clicking here to review and change your personal information or by contacting us at the numbers/addresses provided below.
We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before making changes to personal information we may hold about you.
8. Changes to this Notice
Please note that we may amend this Notice from time to time. Please check this website periodically to inform yourself of any changes.
9. How to contact us.
If you have questions about this Notice or believe we have not adhered to it, or need further information about our privacy practices or wish to give or withdraw consent, exercise preferences or access or correct your personal information, please contact us at the following numbers/addresses:
Loftus Versveld Northern Pavillion (Gate12), 2nd Floor Office 4, 416 Kirkness Street, Arcadia, Pretoria
Tel: 087 0100 733
Cell: 084 316 3765
- Hits: 3902